AJAX performs a variety of non destructive examination and destructive testing to ensure our rings meet every customer’s exacting specifications:
- Spectra-test to verify chemistry/grade of material for each order.
- Brinell hardness test on every furnace load of heat treated rings.
- Non-destructive examination (NDE) such as Magnetic Particle Inspection (MPI), dye-penetrant, and Ultra Sonic Testing (UT).
- Mechanical Testing such as tensile tests and Charpy-impact tests are performed and verified by independent, nationally-accredited testing labs located nearby.
- Dimensional inspection is performed utilizing Coordinate Measuring Machine (FARO) or laser inspection machine.
All testing is reviewed for compliance to each customer order by our Metallurgy & Quality department, and complete certifications are provided with every order. Technical consultation with a degreed metallurgist is always available upon request.